• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Top 5 Combative Arts

i have done no holds barred comps , before but that has nothing to do with anything. I have studied praying mantis, kyokushin, and ninjutsu, how are those any more combat than bjj and muay thai?

i think you have been playing with your nunchucks for too long and being your masters b......

a little boxing, a little wrestling, a little muay thai, and a lot of jiujitsu( brazilian)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have your definition and I have mine. Go roll around with men and pretend your a prize fighter.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

Yeah, your probably right. Yeah, I don't have a mind of my own. Yeah, maybe I should buy into modern myths created by modern MA's marketing efforts. I'm sure the techniques and skills I'm learning are useless against practitioners of Modern MA's. I guess I haven't taken enough MA's and been in enough real fights to know what works when I see it. Thanks for your great wisdom and good luck using your skills in Combat.

Now why would you want to use insulting words? Oh I know why, but I won't say. I got your tool right here, sweety.

what is wrong with you people?????

calm down......

are any of you martial artists????

if so you should know when to stop your whining and prideful statements and talk about beneficial methods of learning and growing in the arts, that is the point of this web site is it not??

or was the point of it to allow a bunch of prideful people to just bark nasties back and forth at each other.....

so calm down and just speak about the some good combative arts....that was the topic

That which does not destroy me will only make me stronger

Your right granmasterchen. I apologize if I have offended anyone here. Good Combative MA's should cover every possible scenario of Combat. Which means the use of weapons, multiple attacker concepts, grappling, groundfighting, tactics, striking, evasion, escape, ukemi, balance point concept and application. Also, the movements shouldn't be too complex to learn in a reasonable amount of time. A good Combat MA should allow you to use the least amount of muscle strength to defeat an attacker. The reason being that if you have more than one person to disable (as in battle) you need to conserve your energy as much as possible. Those are my 2 cents about Combative MA's. What are yours.

If bjj is the ultimate combative art, then why was gracie defeated in the 1950's by the kimura. Also why was he beaten by a Judoka? Traditional Martial Arts are just as good, maybe not in your opinion Matt.

Take a deep breath. Feel your feet gripping the ground. Feel the blood move through your body. Feel your heart beat like a drum. It is amazing what calm and collectiveness can do for you.