• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Top 5 Combative Arts

What is up with you people and your SPORTS MA? I mean c'mon it's sports it has nothing to do with real combat because there is rules. Any person should know that there are no rules of combat. And why the heck are there peopel bashing Kung Fu?Whoever dsaid that I urge them to go head to head with a Hung Gar Kung Fu Practitioner. I also heard someone say something about there isn't a person in Kung Fu that can take multiple people? Have you guys ever heard of Wong Fei Hung? or Toshitsugu Takamatsu? What about Dr. Hatsumi Masaaki? Or even Tanamura? The last three I stated weren;t Kung Fu practitioners but they were Ninpo practitioners. You should do some research on those guys if you haven;t already those men were badass and they probably could take on quite a few men. But anyways I am seriously against sports Martial Arts especially since they're not what most of the arts are about...

Yup :)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amen brother, you tell em. :)

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

What is up with you people and your SPORTS MA? I mean c'mon it's sports it has nothing to do with real combat because there is rules. Any person should know that there are no rules of combat. And why the heck are there peopel bashing Kung Fu?Whoever dsaid that I urge them to go head to head with a Hung Gar Kung Fu Practitioner. I also heard someone say something about there isn't a person in Kung Fu that can take multiple people? Have you guys ever heard of Wong Fei Hung? or Toshitsugu Takamatsu? What about Dr. Hatsumi Masaaki? Or even Tanamura? The last three I stated weren;t Kung Fu practitioners but they were Ninpo practitioners. You should do some research on those guys if you haven;t already those men were badass and they probably could take on quite a few men. But anyways I am seriously against sports Martial Arts especially since they're not what most of the arts are about...

1. sport MA train harder than most TMA out there.

2. rules or not, they are always training under conditions that will serve them well in a fight, and as far as rules go, you train under rules and limitations, so you may as well not even use that argument.

3. It's hard for ANYBODY to tak multiple people in a fight. Training will hopefully give you an advantage there, but it's not any guaranteed edge.

4. I know all about all of the guys you mentioned, but they are really irrelevant. can YOU do what they have done? One of the big problems with TMA is that they try to live off of the reputations of their styles masters.

Sure that go for everything, but I don't think the concepts are beyond me that's all. I'll get around to BJJ when the prices come down.

prices aren't too bad - between 65 - 80/month from many of the places I've seen. That's like that standard range for a non black belt school, and competes with the average cost to train in any MA, at least in my area. Now, if there's a black belt at the school, then the prices can go to over 100/month, which is pretty steep.

and once you understand that you can pretty much look at any MA and figure them out.

Please explain a bit further Treebranch

he's saying that he can watch another MA and see pretty much what's going on with his technique - how he doing what he's doing. He may not be able to do it, but has a rough idea of what's going on. Enough to understand his tactics, in the event that they fought, sparred, etc. That's not something that's exclusive to budo taijutsu though, IMO.