• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Havoc,

They weren't the best from either side,there weren't any of the world champions from China but they were high ranked San Shou guys and the Thais that fought were top 10 ranked Stadium fighters but not the no#1 guys,so I think they were evenly matched,but yes it is stupid to compare styles but fighter with there own styles and skills is cool and regardless of the results it was a hell of an event.

The Chinese guys did look like MT guys with throws though.

Hahaha, the dude who wrote this stuff is a bit weird.... MUAY THAI IS NO LONGER THE GREATEST RING SPORT or some crap.... So they win once, so what? MT dudes had one a thousand times before... Why is it that when something is defeated once it is automatically second best.... Bah!

Angus :karate: :up:

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.

The dude is on drugs. I agree.

I also agree with havoc. This debate is stupid.

Who is number 1? nothing is. you train how you train and if you win, you win, no excues.

Even San Shou team won,(wich i am very pround of) that dosne't mean that they are better the anyone els.

I think its more country vs. country then muaythai vs. san shou.

"Don't think!! Feel..."

-Bruce Lee

https://www.muaythaiboxing.friendpages.com

This site is dumb but I made it so it is good.

• 1 month later...
Sorry to burst your bubble for san shou fans, but the lastest rsults are out! Dec 5 2001 Muay Thai vs San shou: The revenge VCDs are out now.The Chinese sent their National champ this time, aka King of San Shou and he got KOed. The only San Shou guy who won, or should I say survived was training in Thailand for 3 months intensively in Muay Thai prior to the match.His opponent made it very obvious that the match was a give away, just order the VCDs and you'll know what I am talkin about.The Thais did not trust the judges this time and they went for KOs instead of points.The throws of San Shou were stopped by vicious elbows which brought the number of successful throws to an all time low.But not to despair, defeat revealed the weakness of San Shou and we certainly hope they can improve on that.If they remain arrogant and hold on to their racist belief that the Chinese know all about it, then San Shou is going to end up like the Chinese econmy, just another illusion. :sleep:

The humble realise their weakness...The open minded learn...The complacent know not their weakness...The narrow minded remains stagnant...

• 2 months later...

A question.

Why did the chinese win.

The answers.

1. they did not fight proper rules, there

were limitations.

2. they did not have the bst thai fighters.

in a real fight the thais would destroy them. the thais are used to getting hit hard the chinese are not.

"perfection, is something we all get closer too with training, but you will never get there and untill you accept this your mind will be limited in what you can achive"

- Dave

What is San Shou?

I know what it isn't - it isn't Kung Fu - It's Muay Thai with throws :grin:

That's why they are good - and good they are!

YODA

2nd Degree Black Belt : Doce Pares Eskrima https://www.docepares.co.uk

Qualified Instructor : JKD Concepts https://www.jkdc.co.uk

Qualified Fitness Instructor (Weights, CV, Circuit, Kinesiology)