• advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

welcome to the boards loco!! :nod:

:wave:

well you know lots of things can happen these days! :nod:

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"

hrmph..its weird how it seems that the coaches of that kung-fu style worked on developing strategies to combat Muay Thai. You know, the fighters always tried to keep a distance and stuff. Did the Thai fighters have similar strategies to use against the Chinese? I doubt it. Me thinks that the Thai's got over confident in their MA and underestimated the Chinese.

Next time, the Muay Thia people will probably take a little more humble aproach when taking on another MA.

Feel the 'Putt Jattan De' power!!

*Truth is highest, but Truthful living is higher still*

It took many, many years, but Kung Fu has finally grasped how to fight against Muay Thai. They are learning, which is great. I feel that the Thais learned a lesson, and maybe they'll finally start paying more attention on throwing techniques.

I still feel that Muay Thai has some of the most effective striking techniques in the world, they just need to realize that throwing makes a totally different game. If the rules were Muay Thai, then the results would've probably been different.

This illustrates the need to cross-train in more than just one art.

Just kick 'em, they'll understand.- Me

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

Certified Instructor of Frank Cucci's Linxx system of martial arts.

if thailand is going to keep participating in these events, and if they are going to send they're best,which they usuaully don't, then yes they should cross train. but none of the participants at rad. and lumpinee stadiums give a rats butt about san shou. learning the throws will not make them better thaiboxers.now if they retire and want to fight outside of thailand thats different,or if you're speaking about the average joe who wants martial arts training thats fine, otherwise cross training isn't a good idea.learning how to kick isn't going to make shane mosley a better boxer. to a young thai male,thaiboxing is all that matters.

g yes i did look at the whole site!!well sometime jugdes aren`t that great :nod:

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well gents I've just returned from a long stay in Thailand and the highlight of my recent trip was the Kings Birthday Muay Thai event.

Just absolutely amazing and guest what China fought in a team event against ranked Thai fighters not like the last lot of fighters that were supposted to be top Thais but weren't.

And guess what the Thais blitz them many by K.O.,one chinese guy did win and that because he saw he fellow countrymen get koed when they tried to throw,so he was smart enough just hit and run and won on points.They also had an 8 man elimination and it was good to see an Aussie get through,that being JWP.

100000 people were there and it was crazy and full on!

San Shou is ok but its no MUAY THAI!