• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Learning foreign languages.

Hybrid

I used to take Japanese lessons. I quit for a year and didn't really study much. I'm starting Japanese again and I talked to my old teacher about not remembering much about the language and she said that it was fine. Now that teacher quit and a new one is there. :bawling: So I've been frantically looking through old books and websites I used to use. Try http://japaneseculture.about.com. That sight helped me a lot. Plus there are tons of links. :D

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I started learning Japanese a couple of years ago, at an adult ed course - only ten weeks but enough to learn all the kana and the basics! Then the course stopped so I had to carry on by myself which is easier said than done. I recommend 'Japanese For Busy People' as a great textbook. It goes through all the grammar as you go along which is how I learn languages best (as opposed to the secondary school method - pretty much teaching us basic phrases to use). I got a CD ROM thingy as well, which helped. But next year I'm going to do a degree in Japanese next year - I got my letter of acceptance from Leeds Uni today! Woohoo!

Good luck in language learning!

"Weaseling out of things is what separates us from the animals . . . except the weasel."

- Homer J Simpson

But next year I'm going to do a degree in Japanese next year - I got my letter of acceptance from Leeds Uni today! Woohoo!

Congratulations on your place at Leeds Uni!! Good luck with the course too.

Just out of interest, what A levels did you need to get on the Japanese degree course?

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!