• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Kung Fu San Soo vs. Mantis Style

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I think Mantis and San Soo are pretty eclectic MA's that not too many people know about. :)

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

yeah, tell me about it.........

the nearest San Soo school is about 60km drive and the nearest Mantis school was 18km (an acceptable distance), closed soon after i found out about it the first time :bawling:

• 1 month later...
Mantis does have ground sweeps and kicks, elbows and knees are also prevelent - at least in 7 star. I don't know much about the other.

Empty your mind, be formless,

shapeless--like water.

San Soo deals primarily with basic, simple, large body movements. San Soo practitioners are taught that when the adrenalin in a fight starts pumping, smaller muscle coordination goes out the window. Strike areas are stressed (throat, groin, nose,solar plexus) that cause severe pain and can put your opponent out of the fight fast. They also teach pressure points and muscle separation techniques, but I never thought that stuff was practical. There are some locks (leg and arm) and foot sweeps, but nothing spinning or too fancy. I didn't study katas in San Soo. Just a lot of mat work and sparring (without the throat strikes! :lol: ). San Soo has elbows and a lot of in-close work.

Mixed Martial Artist