• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

an idea

aznkarateboi

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Any time you manage to pin or hold your opponents head to the ground, face down or otherwise, you completely control him. I think you'd win.

Freedom isn't free!

in one of funakoshi's books he says that in groundfighting if you pin your opponent's head face down on the ground you will win the fight. what do you think?

I think if you had someones head face-down on the ground then it's pretty likely that you've won that fight, because youre controlling your opponent.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

u sure about that .. ?? there are some things u can do ina situation like that .. but submissionfighter is right . u better keep ur eyes on u ropponent all the time .. no matter what .. after ur done stomping his face in .. conitnue to look ... i dont care who he is .. OSU

• 4 months later...
Pinning there head down doesnt automatically mean you will "win". Assuming we are talking about self defence situations it may give you the chance to escape or continue with other attacks.

In wrestling, jiujitsu, etc, you control the body by controling the head. I'd say you'd have a better chance at winning the fight if the head is planted into the floor. In kumite, if a sweep is made from standing we try and pin the head to the floor with our knee and work for ground a pound from there or side control.

I work in a retail store. One day I walked through the front door to go to work and there are three coworkers trying to subdue a shoplifter. The shoplifter was on the floor squirming like he was about to die. They just couldn’t get control of him. So I walk over and knelt on his head. He stopped squirming and started yelling ok, ok, you got me. So yes, if you can control you opponents head you control him. The scary thing is, when the police got there they recognized him and immediately put latex gloves on. Goes to show, you never know who you’re dealing with.

More Practice