• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I just got my orange belt!

Darce

And the test was friggin easy! I only had to do pinan shodan once and nothing more. Our sensei was in good mood today. Even the yellow belt test was harder! :bdaybiggrin:
Shukokai Karate, Orange belt ( 7. kyu)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Yes, congratulations. :nod:

And, hey, I just got my orange belt... at karate forums. So, I must hijack your thread, everyone, congratulate me! Muwhahaha! :brow:

“Iron is full of impurities that weaken it; through forging, it becomes steel and is transformed into a razor-sharp sword. Human beings develop in the same fashion.” ~Morihei Ueshiba

Thanks. It was a 3-days camp that ended with a belt test. It was kind of strange. The sensei was very kind to all the ones that were trying to get the lower belts. One guy from my club who got the purple belt only had to do pinan sandan, not yondan :o . But there were also some guys trying to get the brown belt that did the katas, IMAO, very good, but they didn´t get no belts :-? . Our sensei is a funny man. :lol:

And, hey, I just got my orange belt... at karate forums. So, I must hijack your thread, everyone, congratulate me! Muwhahaha! :brow:

:lol:

Shukokai Karate, Orange belt ( 7. kyu)

Congrats on your orange belt too, Hybrid!! LOL

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

Hey..congrats to all you recently promoted people!!!

Now, get the heck off your computers, and start practicing that new kata!!!

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

Congratulations. The higher ranks not getting promoted reflect that the standards for passing get higher as the rank increases. It also would possibly reflect that test took place not only during the specified time for test but the whole 3 day camp long.

It is best not to try to 2nd guess your sensei..it may come back to bite you! :( Each student and each kyu is judged differently...sensei looks at different things each time based on what he knows about the student and their training. I once took a test that consisted of only targeted middle punches in a horse stance...it was the most "intense" test I ever took-not physically, but mentally.

Keep up the hard work... regardless of how easy this one was, there will be others that you will barely survive :brow: !

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/