• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Womens chest guards

aefibird

After getting a nipple burst open last week during training (all I can say is OWWWWW) I've decided to buy a chest protector. However, I don't know what sort to get.

Can anyone recommend a good type/make to buy, preferably one that I can get hold of in the UK...

Thanks! :)

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I've see both Macho and Century hard shell chest protectors for women. You can order them online from Century. I'm not sure how they handle UK orders though.

A block is a strike is a lock is a throw.

aefibird

are you a lady?

ahhh. It's difficult to spar with the females. Must have been a nasty person that was trying to hit you that hard

if it was a man that hit you that hard and you are a female then 'accidently' hit him in the 'nuts' next time ;)

700 hours of official training. Injury finished me dammit!

1st Kyu Wado Ryu

Umm, karate is a contact sport and chest area is a legitimate target even in official competition rules. So, for a woman, it is wise to wear some kind of chest protection.

You will get hit there. And the striker has no obligation to apologize for hitting a contact area.

Vengeance by kicking the groin area or by any other similar way is just a plain childish act.

Jussi Häkkinen

Okinawan Shorin-Ryu Seibukan Karate-Do (Kyan Chotoku lineage)

Turku

Finland

Umm, karate is a contact sport and chest area is a legitimate target even in official competition rules. So, for a woman, it is wise to wear some kind of chest protection.

You will get hit there. And the striker has no obligation to apologize for hitting a contact area.

Vengeance by kicking the groin area or by any other similar way is just a plain childish act.

hey I assumed it was a friendly sparring session. If it was meant to be full contact then fair enough you take your chance

as for hitting them back in the groin, notice my winking face? I was joking m8! revenge in this context has no place outside of films :)

700 hours of official training. Injury finished me dammit!

1st Kyu Wado Ryu

hey I assumed it was a friendly sparring session. If it was meant to be full contact then fair enough you take your chance

as for hitting them back in the groin, notice my winking face? I was joking m8! revenge in this context has no place outside of films :)

It was a friendly sparring session= basic one-step kumite. I got caught with a kekome that was a bit high - he should have been aiming for my stomach!

I know that in full contact you take your chances (and when I compete I'm fully aware of the risks involved), however, I didn't think that I'd really need protection just for a small session of ippon kumite.

Thanks everyone for your replies and info on manufacturers!

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!