• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

You know you're martial arts crazy when...

aefibird

You KNOW you're a MA freak when:

You are not in the best of moods at all. You're at open gym, and you're working on the heavy bag. It's not the best bag - it's big; it hangs from steel chains and it swings easy, but it gets the job done. After causing your knuckles to bleed again you realize that this isn't a typical open gym when you send a strong and high side kick into the bag that mysteriously caused the bag to move upwards, fall, and break off the chain that connected it to a steal girder from which it hung. You breifly look at fallen mass lying on the ground and begin working on the other bag.

This happened to me today! I do feel a bit better - mood wise.

"An enlightened man would offer a weary traveler a bed for the night, and invite him to share a civilized conversation over a bowl of... Cocoa Puffs."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you try pants on you make sure you can kick in them before you actually buy them. If you can't kick back on the rack they go. And yes I caught myself doing that the last pants I bought.

I always do that!! I ONLY buy stretchy pants that I can kick in. At the GAP a couple of weeks ago, you could see my foot shooting out of the dressing room as I was practicing side kicks in the newest pair of pants. The girl working there looked at me funny. But I explained that if I can't do karate in them, they ain't gettin' bought.

This is from an accidental duplicate thread that I removed...

Hi all,

You play football and attack the ball with mawashi geri.

Yea, we played soccer with some friends and collegues (my boss was amongst them), I saw the ball comin' at about the height of my head and out of reflex jumped a tobijokogeri and hit the ball. Unfortunately as I was landing I realised that I was landing straight on my boss who shouted in horror as he saw me coming. I managed to pull my legs back and landed on him in a chest-to-chest fashion. We bounced off each other. Fortunately none of us was hurt but now when we play football somehow people take more distance from me than before :-?

You sweep the yard with a broom and end up practising Bo katas

I wasnt swiping the yard but carrying a scout flag of our club a few years back. The boss of the club wasn't happy....

Belive it or not I once caught myself practicing BO moves using my fingers with a pencil in a very boring tech seminar.

Someone shakes your hand and you can't resist putting them in a wristlock.

That happend to me once. VERY embarassing

You don't walk in your sleep...you practise kata.

I visualise myself practicing kata everytime I go to sleep. It's helping me to actually fall asleep.

You go shopping and practise techniques on the clothes mannequins when no one is looking.

This didnt happen to me but once I started practicing stances while standing in line at the local post office.

You look at everything in your house and think how it could be used as a weapon..

No, but I sleep with a bo under my bed.

When I meet new people I can't help myself noticing their vital spots and evaluating how hard would it be to hit them.

Thankfully nothing of this has caused my any major drawbacks in my life so I am not seeking professional help....yet

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

About the ossing problem :)

My boss at the radio station was telling me something and afterwards he asked me if I understood that .. I replied . Oss. He looked quite amazed .. in Romanian Os means "bone" and he really had no idea about what I was talking about and what bone I was having in mind.

And yes, I also try to wear clothing that could help me kick and move :D

Guess we're sick :karate:

And yes, I also try to wear clothing that could help me kick and move :D

Guess we're sick :karate:

My attitude is if I can't almost do a completely verticle sidekick in my jeans then they aren't worth my time.

Edited by Ironberg

"An enlightened man would offer a weary traveler a bed for the night, and invite him to share a civilized conversation over a bowl of... Cocoa Puffs."

About the ossing problem

My boss at the radio station was telling me something and afterwards he asked me if I understood that .. I replied . Oss. He looked quite amazed .. in Romanian Os means "bone" and he really had no idea about what I was talking about and what bone I was having in mind.

And yes, I also try to wear clothing that could help me kick and move

Guess we're sick

Os means bone in french as well....

Je me suis cassé un os. ----- I broke my bone

1.st kyu Shotokan Karate

1.st dan Aikido

Maybe we've got it from you :) Romanian language was heavily influenced in the 19th century, especially by French. Things have changed now, when we take many words from English, because of the Internet and related things.

I think in French the s is not as loud as the O (correct me please if I'm wrong ... I'm not a speaker of this language). In Romanian the S is as loud as the O so it really sounds like the Osu.

Anyway ... try this to your boss ... the face is unforgettable :D