• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

You know you're martial arts crazy when...

aefibird

Bo kata with a pool cue - it would certainly make a stir in competition!! Fancy starting a 'pool cue kata team' stl_karateka?? :brow: :) :D

Well since I've seen a creative weapons form done with an UMBRELLA --- nothing surprises me.

An UMBRELLA??? That sounds interesting! Do tell...

It was quite a site!!! I didn't know rather to laugh or cry!!! It was creative forms but come'on!!!! It was one of those huge black mary poppin type umbrellas....lots of stabbing and striking moves....but I almost lost it when he opened and closed the umbrella and kiai'd ----AYYYYY-YAAAAAAA!

KarateForums.com Sempai

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ROFL!!

stl_karateka, your last post should carry a health warning... I laughed so hard at it I nearly choked! The thought of someone doing a kata with an umbrella and actually kiai-ing when opening it... :lol: :lol:

I don't suppose you know if anyone videoed his performance, do you? It would be a sight worth seeing!

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

<<>>

I have done that before

<<>>

Close. My living room is filled with MA relted stuff. BOB, books, magazines, belt racks on the wall, ect. I have a "toy box" full of stuff. Targets, rebreakable board, wood boards, spacers, weapons, ect. Next I get a mat for throws to toss my man around a bit :D

<<>>

I bowed out of habit before entering rooms.

<<>>

I thought about it with people I don't like LOL

<<>>

I taught my dog how to spar.

<<>>

Done that a few times.

<<>>

Gotta be prepared, ya know ;)

I'm also crazy for being at my dojang 21 hours a week :D I work 16 hours, but train the rest. I also sneak in training sessions by myself when the training floor isn't occupied ;) Or work on stuff with one of the other students/employees.

Laurie F

wait... you guys all sweep your yard? suddenly my lawn care seems subpar...

my worst was i was watching a movie with my girlfriend. we were sitting there, and i thought "y'know... if i shifted my position just a little... i coul get her to tap out" (she was a martial artist too). before she knew it she was on the floor in two different join locks! a full on sparring match came afterwords :lol: heh heh... i suppose she's my ex girlfriend now :lol:

oh, and i do the jeans thing too, and in addition with that i do that with shoes :wink:

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

LOL. My boyfriend (he also does TKD) and I have sparring matches on a regular basis. Usually it starts by one of us just randomly kicking the other in the butt. It usually ends when I use a "illegal" move (joint lock or kicking low) or a "boot to the head." We also wrestle/grapple. As a kid he wrestled, so I get to work on my grappling. I told him the "rules" of grappling, and we went at it. He loves it, now.

Laurie F

it's a good way to slove those little arguments like "what movie should we go see" and things of that nature. i suppose it would work for the bigger arguments, too :brow:

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

um... okay, i wont lie, yea, i've done everything, so ...well, I guess I'm crazy then. lol

Ah, join the gang! I think we're all a little bit crazy here too! :lol:

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!