• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Chris Clugston

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Sorry, don't know of him. I did a search and found this:

Chris Clugston has been a student of martial arts all of his life, in fact by the age of 20 he had already earned five black belts in five different martial arts. Chris went to the trouble of learning 7 different languages so that he could travel the world in search of the "Holy Grail" of fighting styles.

He also won over 50 vicious, no-rules streetfights during this time. This is how he realized how stupid it is to master any martial art style that has rules (no kicking in boxing, no strangling in wrestling, no head-punches in karate… and ridiculous time-limits in all of them!). The real world of streetfighting has no rules!

Chris believes that even the most brutal-looking "official" fighting systems can actually get you killed in the street… and the "confidence" you get from years of dedication to any formal training is A Total Sham!

Meh. I have mixed feelings on this. I think it's a scam to sell videos. "COMBAT JKD" and "This is how he realized how stupid it is to master any martial art style that has rules (no kicking in boxing, no strangling in wrestling, no head-punches in karate… and ridiculous time-limits in all of them!)." Oh, he realized this did he? lol :lol:

These techniques are quick and easy to learn and don't necessarily require a partner to practice and master them.

But you'll be able to do them properly on someone if need be. Sure... :roll:

All I can find on this guy is web sites selling his videos.

“Iron is full of impurities that weaken it; through forging, it becomes steel and is transformed into a razor-sharp sword. Human beings develop in the same fashion.” ~Morihei Ueshiba

He also won over 50 vicious, no-rules streetfights during this time. This is how he realized how stupid it is to master any martial art style that has rules (no kicking in boxing, no strangling in wrestling, no head-punches in karate… and ridiculous time-limits in all of them!). The real world of streetfighting has no rules!

I think they're saying that because they're targeting the general public as well as MAs. We would take that for granted, but someone with no MA experience would not think about these type of things.

Anyway, it looks like he has lots of satisfied customers. Check out his website at https://www.theburst.com . Read the testimonials or check out the message board. (I think the user VALETE is Chris Clugston.)

I think they're saying that because they're targeting the general public as well as MAs. We would take that for granted, but someone with no MA experience would not think about these type of things.

Anyway, it looks like he has lots of satisfied customers. Check out his website at https://www.theburst.com . Read the testimonials or check out the message board. (I think the user VALETE is Chris Clugston.)

I don't think any videos could take the place of a trainer though. Maybe "supplement" training but, anyway, what do you think of this guy? I can't really form an opinion about him personally, never met him or anything. :wink:

“Iron is full of impurities that weaken it; through forging, it becomes steel and is transformed into a razor-sharp sword. Human beings develop in the same fashion.” ~Morihei Ueshiba

I'm gonna buy his videos and train the material that's given. It will be a while but I'll tell you when I'm done.

Cool. Definitely looking forward to hearing how it goes. Good luck. :up:

I'm buying them because (here's the kicker) Clugston believes he has surpassed what Bruce Lee was doing! I had to check that out.
That he has surpassed Bruce Lee is very hard to believe, but it will be interesting to hear what you have to say after viewing those tapes.

Green Belt-Shotokan Karate