• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

New School on the Block

I have the vision; the passion and the desire to open and run a MA school of my own.

Has anyone successfully obtained a small business loan to get started? Investor capital? Any start-up tips or advice would be much appreciated.

So Many Masters; So Few Students

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sorry, I don't have much experience here. I just want to wish you good luck. :)
“Iron is full of impurities that weaken it; through forging, it becomes steel and is transformed into a razor-sharp sword. Human beings develop in the same fashion.” ~Morihei Ueshiba

Rather than go straight for the stand alone school, why not start at a rec center/YMCA. This way you can build your population of students, and when the time is right, work on getting a place of your own. Don't know much bout the small business loan aspect, but good luck in your venture :karate:

Di'DaDeeeee!!!

Mind of Mencia

I am interested in this for future too.

I teach in a gym at a University. That way I do not have too much overhead, and I have the backing of the University. We have a nice facility with full locker rooms. I plan on opening a facility or assisting a friend of mine and moving my students over, but that probably won't be for at least a year or so.

I have 15 students now and have been operating for 2 years. It is slow going... so if anyone has any good tips on how to grow, it is much appreciated... :) Thanks!

"If it is not hard, it is not worth doing."

I know there are numerous associations out there who are always looking for new or prospective instructors. People who have a dream of owning and running their own MA school. These organizations might be useful and helpful, but I get the feeling that it comes at a serious price.

So Many Masters; So Few Students