• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Google

Hybrid

True the spyware doesn't do that stuff by default BUT it DOES update automatically and thats a security risk - it essentially has access to your HD everytime you connect to google (for me that is many many times a day!) - ie no toolbar here!
KarateForums.com Sempai

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

If you do not want a piece of software to stay up to date, you do not install that software. So, in cases such as that, you would not install Google Toolbar.

However, automatic updating is not spyware and should not be treated as such. Google does not inject any sort of spyware. They do have some tracking info that they may keep via their site or toolbar that is either common practice and not dubious or permitted by the end user.

Doesn't matter --- too far off topic now anyway!

For the record -

I don't use Google Toolbar!

I do agree that Google is one of the greatest if not the greatest search engines out there - spy/ad ware of not --- like I said....thats what Adaware and such are for!

KarateForums.com Sempai

so what if google tracks your ip. are you doing anything illegal? and what out there is considered illegal online? out of the millions and millions of hits google gets, im sure they dont recognize everyone and every site one goes to.