• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Google

Hybrid

Hmm... I think either google is down or my computer has some problem. Can someone go to google.com and tell me what it says? I always get a CPanel error "There is no website configured at this address." Along with any other website powered by google. I get on odd feeling it's my comp though.

Thanks.

“Iron is full of impurities that weaken it; through forging, it becomes steel and is transformed into a razor-sharp sword. Human beings develop in the same fashion.” ~Morihei Ueshiba

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Google seems fine on my computer. It might have been down, but I just got home. So, I'm not much help LOL.

lol, thanks karatekid1975. :nod:

“Iron is full of impurities that weaken it; through forging, it becomes steel and is transformed into a razor-sharp sword. Human beings develop in the same fashion.” ~Morihei Ueshiba

I don't use Google. They keep track of your IP and what sites that IP visits through Google. It's my extreme paranoia that prevents me from using them.

"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." Einstein

Google is probably the cleanest search company as far as that type of stuff is concerned. If you are afraid of them, you better leave this site. Fast. :D

*Contemplates leaving*...NAH! Patrick can monitor everything I do at this site. However, Google does track your IP and what sites that IP visits through Google. If you don't mind that, it's fine. I don't recall where I got the report that google did that, but it was from a reputable source. I might be able to find the link somewhere......

BTW, Yahoo doesn't track IP addresses.

Of course, I could be wrong, but the world won't end because of it. If I am, oh well. Life has a funny way of going on.

"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." Einstein

• 3 weeks later...
*Contemplates leaving*...NAH! Patrick can monitor everything I do at this site. However, Google does track your IP and what sites that IP visits through Google. If you don't mind that, it's fine. I don't recall where I got the report that google did that, but it was from a reputable source. I might be able to find the link somewhere......

BTW, Yahoo doesn't track IP addresses.

Of course, I could be wrong, but the world won't end because of it. If I am, oh well. Life has a funny way of going on.

Google recently (like within the last couple months) started with the adware garbage...not sure if it is a hacker attempt of if they just slipped it in --- I'll dig up the article.

Yahoo uses the google search engine, so whatever google has, yahoo probably does too.

PS

I still use google --- there is none better IMHO....I run Adaware everyother day to keep a clean system

KarateForums.com Sempai

I ran that "CPanel error" through the Microsoft website. I assume you're running WindowsNT?

Check this out, it's rather complicated, but if you're still having the same issue, might be worth a look. However, if you're at work and have an IT person, I'd just go to them first and let them handle it.

Anyway, here's the url for what I found.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;207750

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

All sites track IP addresses and where they come from. Yahoo! included.

Google doesn't do any of the stuff that Ad Aware truly catches (maybe incidentially, but its not the same). No spyware. The Google Toolbar tracks what sites you visit, etc. but only if you check the box saying it is ok to do so (it is not default).

Google and Yahoo! are two of the best in this department, for the very reason that they have reputations at stake. More so on Google.

If you feel Google is "bad," there isn't a heck of a lot that you can use.