• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Also, I have to say I've seen at least 30 NHB fights on video and at times you can see these guys hold back sometimes. They often are being very sportsman like. I think if these guys wanted to kill eachother and really break bones these fights would look a lot different. Don't you think?

I have seen Ken shamrock destroy, mutalate and break peoples ankles/legs/knees.

I have seen bas Rutten choke people unconcious.

Royce Gracie Broke some Arms with arm bars.

I could type a page about all of the ankles, knees, shoulders, shins, elbows, etc that have been broken in various fights.

All of these guys are good sportsman but have no second thought about applying a technique or knocking someone out it's not really valid to say no one would attempt a standing technique out of fear of hurting someone, people do what works if standing joint locks could work for them they would use them.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O.K. the UFC and NHB is the Holy Grail of the Martial Arts World. There never has been and never will be anything more effective what we are seeing now. Everyone since the creation of Combat fighting were just fooling themselves thinking that their MA's work. I guess we should just do away with any form of MA's that hasn't proven itself in the ring or that has been represent there and lost.

UFC is absolutely the real thing. It is reality not a sport at all. These people go in there and are literally trying to kill eachother. Did you know that NHB fighting has less injuries than football and soccer? Yeah, those fight are real. They are death matches? Yeah! That's what they are. Man have I been fooled by all those MA's out there teaching useless techniques to CIA and FBI and who know's how many other law enforcement agencies have been bamboozled. What a wake up call. :cry:

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

Treebranch,

You're ranting and not making any sense.

The reason that MMA has less injuries than other sports is probably due to less people doing it. More people would play soccer in Australia in one weekend than all the modern MMA competitors ever.

Also, it doesn't mean that the fights aren't real because people don't get killed or more seriously injured - it means there are rules and rather than someone hitting their head on a curb after they're knocked out and dying, they hit their head on the mat or fence. Rather than one guy continuing to wail away at the other when he can no longer defend himself, the referee steps in. Rather than one guy destroying his opponent by out-classing him through size or skill, people fight in weight classes and everyone studies basically the same things

BJJ - Black Belt under John Will (Machado)

Shootfighting - 3rd Degree Black Belt

TKD - Black Belt

O.K. the UFC and NHB is the Holy Grail of the Martial Arts World. There never has been and never will be anything more effective what we are seeing now. Everyone since the creation of Combat fighting were just fooling themselves thinking that their MA's work. I guess we should just do away with any form of MA's that hasn't proven itself in the ring or that has been represent there and lost.

UFC is absolutely the real thing. It is reality not a sport at all. These people go in there and are literally trying to kill eachother. Did you know that NHB fighting has less injuries than football and soccer? Yeah, those fight are real. They are death matches? Yeah! That's what they are. Man have I been fooled by all those MA's out there teaching useless techniques to CIA and FBI and who know's how many other law enforcement agencies have been bamboozled. What a wake up call. :cry:

I didint say any of that, instead of answering the question at hand you are changing the topic. I never said styles that hanvent won in the UFC dont work but i belive it it is usally a pretty accurate picture of certain types of techniques. i realize there is alot more to martial art's than sport fighting but that still dosent explain why a standing joint lock has never been pulled of in such an event where joint locks and chokes are common place.

I must say that I think Treebranch is right TJS. TJS always refers to UFC or NHB when he states a point or talking about a tecnique and is totally convinced that every thing that he have not seen in this events isn't gonna work in real life.... I know for a fact that joint locks works, even if you are standing, coz I tried them, but then again, I never seen a single video from UFC or NHB, so I might be wrong, off cause..................

I think you see to mush video, or laying to mush weight on what you see there. Try something for yourself for a change, but that's just my opinion.......

If the first lesson was a failure, then you know that skydiving isn't for you!

Dude if you practice that and train hard, it's not impossible. Do you guys even know how to do standing locks?

JohnnyS you have some good points. I just want to clarify something. NHB fights are the closest thing to fighting a trained fighter with a limited amount of rules. A street fight is still very different, because you can't watch previous footage of your attackers fights and train for that. Comparing it to reality is just silly.

I must say that I think Treebranch is right TJS. TJS always refers to UFC or NHB when he states a point or talking about a tecnique and is totally convinced that every thing that he have not seen in this events isn't gonna work in real life.... I know for a fact that joint locks works, even if you are standing, coz I tried them, but then again, I never seen a single video from UFC or NHB, so I might be wrong, off cause..................

I think you see to mush video, or laying to mush weight on what you see there. Try something for yourself for a change, but that's just my opinion.......

TJS always refers to UFC or NHB when he states a point or talking about a tecnique and is totally convinced that every thing that he have not seen in this events isn't gonna work in real life....

really if you actually read the thread you would see i just said I belive there are techniques outside the UFC.

Im sure it's nice to live in a fantasy land where anyone who wants proof that techniques work is rediculous..keep writing to us from there and tell us how it's going...be sure to keep blindly beliving everything.

Treebranch stated it's as easy to apply a lock standing as it is on the ground, i disagree and i think most peopel who have done both would too.

I have still not heard a valid reason why more poeple would not use them if they were equally effective...I can tell you why..because it's easier to pin someon on the ground then do it...you can argue until you turn blue but unless i hear a valid reason other than "just because it's in the UFC"

I just want to re empasize im not saying it's impossible or dosent work, im saying it's easier to apply most technques on the ground.

can a crescent kick work? can a hook kick work? yes but there is a reason most Kickboxers use front kicks and round kicks.

Can a haymaker work? yes does that mean it's the easiest punch to land or just as effective as any other punch?

Biased.