• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

correcting myself

fireka

I have a tendency when im upset about something to get some really dumb ideas stuck in my head and then do everything i can to justify them. Espicially when i am as passionate about something as i am Karate. I have been thinking for a good week now, and i have deicded to just buck it up, scronge my money if i have to and lay off some other luxuries in order to return to the dojo. This won't be easy, and everything will try to negate my schedule but ill do whatever i can to get there.

Unfortuantely i have only from now (October 27th, i think,) through the end of June to train there, then i leave for the US Navy. Im going to pick which stations i want based on sevral things but a big one will be the location of an Isshinryu dojo nearby so i can complete my training. My goal is that in these next 8 months i can at least earn my hachikyu, so ill have some foundation that i can move on towards shodan with.

I still dont think everyone was patient with me like the budo describes, but i can kinda see your point a little better now, and honestly i feel so relived to be going back that all the trouble it will be to work the schedule out dosen't seem so bad, it seems very much worth it and i feel kinda at home again. So i guess i kinda need to say arigato to some of you. Hopefully next week, i can stop posting stuff about me and start talking karate again!

"i could dance like that!.......if i felt like it...." -Master Betty

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Glad to hear you're going to hang with it. The things we do too continue to train in the art we love are often tough decisions to make but normally worth the effort. My son goes into the Navy this August so I can relate to what your saying. He trains with me as well and will have to give it up in a few months. I hope you find a dojo close by.

"If your hand goes forth withhold your temper"

"If your temper goes forth withold your hand"

-Gichin Funakoshi

I believe that, if you love it, it's worth any sacrifice.

And about the budo, It's hard to follow it in another century, society and everything, theory is one thing, the practical side is another thing...

But anyway..

Best Wishes for u in your journey, the internal and external ones.

See ya

If you could improve yourself in only three or two months, everybody would be invencible...

One thing you may not be aware of is that one time isshin ryu was really big with the marines. So if you are stationed anywhere with a marine detatchment that might very well raise your chances of finding an isshinryu group. It will be some very hard core training though.

yea, i know of the marines involvment, thats the reson Gatlinbug is Isshinryu's US capital. But i think its half and half there. some of the marines anted to be true to Shimabuku, the others started screwing up the system in my opinion. Hard training is a very, very, good thing, but more importantly i hope my new school belives in Shimabuku's vision and the Miza Gammi.

Fireka alot of things will probably change when you enter the navy. I am sure that you will have lots of opportunity to train in combat. Good luck to you.

When you train just train for the sake of it. We all have idealisms but we make the most of what we've got. Train because you love to train.

I was reading something the other day and thought of you. It does not seem so relevant now but please take the time to read it (it's quite lengthy). You may relate to the guy you may disaprove, but he is rebelious and a legend.

http://www.morrisnoholdsbarred.co.uk/biography.htm

I keep asking God what I'm for and he tells me........."gee I'm not sure!"

im going to try and print it out, im read the first papragraph, i dont know if i agree on his views about Karate but i see were your going with this thing. we both share the "Eye of the Tiger", cool, thanks for the article.

You think the first paragraph dissed karate? You wait till you have read the whole biography. He is reknown for his skill in karate but as you will see he resents this.

The reason that I thought of you was that he is a true rebel. But I suppose that in hind sight he is quite the opposite to you!! He has absolute disrespect for tradition and etiquette and most definately does not believe in the value of karate.

Makes for a good read though. Enjoy!!! (or not as the case may be) :karate:

I keep asking God what I'm for and he tells me........."gee I'm not sure!"