• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Side Snap Kick

Sho-ju

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sounds to me like a front leg jamming kick is simply a front kick that jams any incoming attack. As for the side thrust kick, well that's the side kick with power, and it requires rolling your hip completely over, as oppose to the side snap kick.

Di'DaDeeeee!!!

Mind of Mencia

The side snap kick is a little faster than the thrust, cause you lock your kick out there for a second or so before rechambering, more of a breaking or finishing technique. We practice both in our dojo, except we usually do not use the side thrust in sparring. I like to use the side snap kick to keep my opponent away, or to pop them when they come charging in. We have some karateka that use this kick very effectively, offensive or defensive.

I have never used the jamming kick, do you make contact with a part of the leg for this??

"If it is not hard, it is not worth doing."

Sounds to me like a front leg jamming kick is simply a front kick that jams any incoming attack. As for the side thrust kick, well that's the side kick with power, and it requires rolling your hip completely over, as oppose to the side snap kick.

Yep, that's the ones :)

Robin,

I use it (front leg side kick) for when your partner is coming at you. I just pop it up and they stop dead in their tracts. Or when they are "off balance" when they get ready to throw a kick (basically like Pacificshore explained), I basically knock them over with it. I aim for the mid section for this kick.

Laurie F

We use the snap and thrust side kicks. The snaping side kick is kept low and quick, used to attack his base. Not a lot of power, but it is fast and effective.

Thrusting side kicks, as Pacificshore said, require you to get your hip into them. You also get more leg extension, and they are a power kick. They can be done a little higher.

A TKD guy I work out with does a side kick in close that is so fast and so powerful, and so well timed, it is hard to defend against. The TKD guys hate it when I move in close, so he works this kick a lot. If I don't pick it up quick enough and jam him or move, he can launch me across the room with that kick.

Freedom isn't free!

i use side snap kick to back ppl off when they get to close, or as a sort of bone crushing technique. i cant get it real acurate so its usless for assasination but it can get your opponet distant and out of the way. Personnaly though, my favorite kick is front snap. No one uses it, but its decently powerful, fast, acurate, and easy to use. :karate:

"i could dance like that!.......if i felt like it...." -Master Betty