• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

FASTEST style

Lets face it. Some styles have training methods and principals that allow for greater power generation than other styles i.e. shotokan. Some styles stress and train for faster attacking. What do you think is the "fastest" style and please don't say its based on the person because that is obvious but which style do you think will make a person fastest? Based on what I heard I would choose either american kenpo or wing chun.

You would consider shotokan a power generating style? I wouldn't. As a matter of fact, I consider shotokan to be weak, compared to other karate styles. Shotokan is too rigid.

:-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-?

What style of Karate do you do?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can strike without recoil of the arms by using your body movements to create the strikes. Also when someone attacks you shift offline and allow them to crash into your fists while you are rooted and lounge forward, their weight and your weight will be crashing together against his face or wherever your fists are.

I thought we were talking about speed not power? I dont see how any of this relates to faster hand speed or footowork than boxing.

My point is timing is more important and effective than just blind speed. Also you can throw much more effective punches and actually land them if you are offline (footwork). Sure boxing develops fast hand speed, but what good is it if your opponent has equal hand speed. Also, using your body to create a strike has no recoil and is faster than striking with recoil since the strikes aren't telegraphed they are harder to avoid. So in a sense it is faster. :)

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

the snap punch in karate is the fastest and hardest to detect hand move because it moves in a straight line and the hand is already in the forward position.

When done by a skilled opponent it will knock your teeth out :)

which is why of course when sparring you stay at kicking range cos kicks are easier to see so long as you face your opponent and keep your eyes open :P

700 hours of official training. Injury finished me dammit!

1st Kyu Wado Ryu

That's why distance and timing are probably the most important aspects of any MA.

It all fits together. The seeds of any principle are in any one other principle, and they all work together, though one usually is more in evidence at a particular time.

Freedom isn't free!

the snap punch in karate is the fastest and hardest to detect hand move because it moves in a straight line and the hand is already in the forward position.

Which is why you keep your hands up.

We have this traditional jiu-jitsu guy at my university who shows up at our meetings occasionally. When he gets on the bag he throws punches and elbows that sound like a machine gun (rapid). However, when we spar he's great to take down because he still only gets 0-2 shots in (when I shoot) and he puts so much emphasis on speed, they're basically kisses.

Personally I think there are a lot of better ways to deal with someone shooting in. Striking isn't the best way, unless you already know where they are going.

Which is why you keep your hands up.

We have this traditional jiu-jitsu guy at my university who shows up at our meetings occasionally. When he gets on the bag he throws punches and elbows that sound like a machine gun (rapid). However, when we spar he's great to take down because he still only gets 0-2 shots in (when I shoot) and he puts so much emphasis on speed, they're basically kisses.

sounds like he's aiming to score a point rather than hurt you. As a genuine full on snap punch as with any correctly delivered martial art blow is potentially nasty indeed

700 hours of official training. Injury finished me dammit!

1st Kyu Wado Ryu