• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Fight on the Blind Side

SUKU

Greetings!

I've noticed in Wing Chun the objective is to Fight on the Blind Side of your enemy.

Question how does one obtain this position because in combat one is always changing position(enemy).

Agin positive feedback

holla

The more you sweat in training, the less you will bleed in battle. - Motto of Navy Seals

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

do you understand the concept of the blind side?

If so then you can work out which side of the opponent is the blind side and aim for it each time.

movement/ changing position is vital in sparring. Move and hit them on the blind side. This is done in so many fights I've seen. It's often how the 'knockout' blow is delivered.

watching fights is a good idea if you are unclear on what it's all about,

it's like dancing (only with violence!)

700 hours of official training. Injury finished me dammit!

1st Kyu Wado Ryu

fighting on the blind side is inherent in many counter stikes in Wado-Ryu and all Karate

think about it - someone for example moves forward with their left arm to strike.

You slide to your right aiming to hit them on their blind side with either a punch or kick.

Like all fighting have to vary and not do the same move each time. Practise and it will get easier/ feel more natural

700 hours of official training. Injury finished me dammit!

1st Kyu Wado Ryu

The blind side, at least as I've allways heard it used, is positional. Say your opponent is facing you in a 45' stance, his left foot forward. Immagine a central line running from your center to your opponents center. If you can move off that central line about 5 to 15 deg., and at the same time check his lead (left) hand/arm, you can move past his peripheral vision (at least partially) while at the same time momentarily preventing him from turning to face you. You now control his center line, and thus also the central line, and are positioned for a blind side attack- to his left side and at the limmits of his peripheral vision. The WC guys love to do this to you when they catch you violating your own centerline, like when you throw one of those pretty inward blocks too far across your body.

Freedom isn't free!