• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

a good karate school

martialartsresearcher

do you think i should join this karate school in VA or not?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. do you think i should join this karate school in VA or not?

• yes or no
    • yes or no

I have seen that page before. I was wondering who that tall guy was ... lol. I am not certain the differences between Fusei Kise and Yuichi Kuda's karate, however Phillip Koeppel karate is as close as I'm going to get right now. He was my instructor's instructor. I feel like I'm not getting any better where I'm currently at, so I think that a change is in order.

Yep, that tall guy is me...but I'm about 25-30lbs heavier now. Those were taken in June of 1978 in Havre, Mt on Sensei Kuda's first visit to the states. He was there for 3 weeks, and all I can say is..it was FANTASTIC!

As for the differances between Sensei's Kuda and Kise's karate...well, for onbe thing, Kise is more into making $$$'s than Kuda was. And because of this, tends to promote much faster and higher than a lot of people deserve.

The nice thing I like about Larry Mason and our organization is that it is very NON-political. People that get into back stabbing and such aren't going to stay in there. He also has it set up from a Christian perspective and I told him right up front that I'm not much of a church-goer, and that doesn't matter.

We're allowed to teach under loose guidlines, basically whatever we want to, as long as it follows Sensei Kuda's teachings. I'm lucky in the sense that the only person I've ever been under are Sensei Kuda, or directly under some of his students, so I have no conflicts in techniques being done this way according to one guy, and that way according to somebody else.

That also has it's drawbacks though, in that between getting my shodan and my nidan was a 9 year period where I basically was on my own.

What rank are you now? If you're at least a shodan, you might want to consider contacting Sensei Mason if you're interested in learning Sensei Kuda's Matsumura Seito/kenpo..which as far as we can determine, is as close to origional as there is.

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic