• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

a good karate school

martialartsresearcher

do you think i should join this karate school in VA or not?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. do you think i should join this karate school in VA or not?

• yes or no
    • yes or no

hey guys i found a great karate school in denbegh,VA and i think its great. they have a big wooden training ground, plus they have a place were the parents of the students can sit down and watch as there kids train. the sensi seems very nice and soft spoken, and the kids seem to have a lot going for them to. the karate style they teach is shorin-ryu karate and you get 1 free private lesson plus seven weeks of training, and you get a free uniform and its all for $77.00. so what do ya'all think, is it good or what. thanks :D

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know much about shorin-ryu besides the history. I know nothing of what training is like. I think the fact that you think it's great is really good. If it's everything (or most of) what you're looking for, go for it.

Good luck.

:karate:

Edit: P.S. Both the poll options are "yes or no." huh? :-?

“Iron is full of impurities that weaken it; through forging, it becomes steel and is transformed into a razor-sharp sword. Human beings develop in the same fashion.” ~Morihei Ueshiba

Yes, I take Shorin-ryu, and I like it.

If you can't laugh at yourself, there's no point. No point in what, you might ask? there's just no point.

Many people seem to take Karate to get a Black Belt, rather than getting a Black Belt to learn Karate.

Well...let's see here. This coming January I will hve 29 years into just one art..and that's Shorinryu.

So yep...go for it...it's GREAT! :karate:

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

Which Shorin-Ryu lineage does it belong to and what is the lineage of the teacher of the club? Does he belong to an Okinawan organization (and if does, who is a head of that organization)?

If you get good answers to those questions, go for it. I'm willing to help with the answers when you get more information.

There are frauds in every pack - and some that claim to teach Shorin-Ryu are not the real deal. Check the backround always.

Jussi Häkkinen

Okinawan Shorin-Ryu Seibukan Karate-Do (Kyan Chotoku lineage)

Turku

Finland

it says on the ad papers they gave me okinawa karate-do. the rest like shorin-ryu karate i reconized because of the pach on the sensi's karate gi. but i think i'll ask them myself just for the heck of it, plus the karate school i,ll check it out somemore and i'll see what else i can post up. thank guys :karate: and i put up the pole just for the heck of it. thanks :D