• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

French Cane

well, i specifically mentioned the radr and enigma because as you are well aware, they are both british achievments.

Actually, I knew about the British and the enigma coding machine, but I wasn't aware that radar was a British invention...BRILLIANT! As I recall, it came very late in the war, but boy, was it nice! :up:

and as you say, it was a joint effort.

but if i take a slightly biased view, without those two things it doesn't matter how many men , how much money or how many machines you send over, it would've been a much different war.

That's an argument for more learned people than myself, but I think the end result would have been the same in the long run, but with much more loss of life on all sides, especially the allies.

as for me, i've always wondered they insisted on talking about the new u.n mandates when saddam was in breach of the old ones...

As with everything pertaining to Saddam, he didn't care about the UN or even his own people. The majority of the world plays by "the rules", and honors treaties and agreements that they make (but don't get me started on the native American Indians! :roll: ). Saddam did what he wanted, when he wanted, and to whom he wanted. He wanted to gas and kill the Kurds..he did that. He tortured, killed and made people disappear at his leisure. Why would he care about a governing body like the UN, that has very little actual power, other than to rattle some swords and endless debates?

My opinion is that I'm glad to see the USA and the British actually DO SOMETHING about the world situation. To try to make this world a little better and safer for you and I, sitting cozy in our homes. I feel that the entire world needs to get off it's respective "arses" and deal with this terrorist situation quickly, decisively, and for good! It's not just an American problem..it's a WORLD problem. Negotiations don't work with these people, and playing by "the rules" doesn't either. Personally, I think we (the world) needs to play by THEIR rules for a change and see how they like it! No courts, no "rights" (what rights did the World Trade center people have?), no deals..just go in and take the "buggers" out of this world and send them to whatever God they believe in!

I'm surprised a mod hasn't dived in here yet and moved this discussion. Perhaps we should take it elsewhere if you'd like to continue. My email is tallpaul@centurytel.net if you'd prefer.

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well, i think it's cos we are being civilised and mature about our discussion.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

I am suprised we didn't see this sooner as well. Too political from the get go. Let's not take these threads off topic by making stupid comments.

Thank you.