• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Heian Godan

cymry

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Amongst other interpretations, this kata contains several circular strikes, such as hook punches and uppercuts.

Any comments?

could also be used as grappling...grabbing the hair, twisting, etc.

There's also a leg grab/arm grab then toss them on their head combo in the bunkai.

The fist double block for instance..opponent right kicks first (you block with left arm) and right punches (you block with right arm), you lift the leg and take his right arm across his body at the same time...dumps them on their noggin.

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

If there is a jump in a kata, it can often mean there is a throw. Like in Heian Godan, there's the 180-degree jump into a low crouching "X-block". One interpretation of this is a shoulder throw, followed by a cross arm choke.

Do you have an application for the first three movements of this kata.

One of mine is stepping to the outside of your opponent, then hikite while striking to the jaw with your forearm. Then right hook punch to solar plexus, and left hook to the temple to finish off.

Or left uppercut to jaw, right hook to solar plexus, then tkae him down by pushing his head back with your forearm while sweeping (like the clothesline in pro wrestling).

I like the palm strike to the groin and the smashing of the (well you know) at the end.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."