• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How many students?

hopefully your classes include ladies. Mine did and that added to the fun. Nothing like watching a young women with long hair get all sweaty for a distraction - especially when they are trying to kick you in the groin ;)

700 hours of official training. Injury finished me dammit!

1st Kyu Wado Ryu

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently, we have between 3 to 5 people in each class. One of which is my wife, so I have a partner to train with at home. :)

My instructor is 4th Dan with 20+ years of experience.

We have between 20-25 students on average, a decent mix of adults and children (ages 9 and over). Sadly, I'm the only female student over the age of 16, as the only other woman karateka has had to temporarily 'retire' due to being pregnant.

My sensei is a 5th Dan and has been training for over 30 years.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

We have about thirty students at a time in class, but the dojo probably has over two hundred students between all the different classes. There are a lot more female students than male.

My instructor is a 6th dan.

Green Belt-Shotokan Karate

We have between 5 and 10 adults, but only 2-3 are at my level.

My direct instructor is 3rd, but we learned all the material to 3rd at the same time from a 7th degree master, which is his past instructor. I'm allowed to start testing for 3rd next summer.

As far as the "traditional 5 belt system" goes, I thought a true traditional system would only have three.

student

instructor

master

At least that's how KSW was in the beginning.

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

We have around 30 adults training at all levels in my TKD class. My instructor is a fifth dan, and his other instructor is a 2nd dan. I am a first dan. Usually class has between 12-20 people, and everyone trains together. Now, kids are a different story. I help instruct the kids - there are like 400 of them :o

In BJJ, a typical class has between 5 and 8 people, and the instructor is a purple belt. I am a yellow belt. There are maybe 10 of us altogether, and about 5 who compete regularly.

1st dan Tae Kwon Do

Yellow Belt Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

16 Years Old

Girls kick butt!

I attend a 6:00pm and/or 7:00pm class. The 6:00 class usually has about 10-15 students, mix of teens and adults. The 7:00 class has 4-8 students, mostly adults.

In the whole school, there's probably about 60-70 students, and I'd guess about half, or maybe 60% are children or early teens.

Our head instructore is a 4th dan, and he ususally leads each class, except for the warm-up. We have several 1st dans who sometimes teach the class.