• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

In a boxing match, definitely.. but in real fights, they always end up grabbing ahold of each other, trying to get the other to the ground, putting the other into some kind of lock, etc. I've never seen anyone get punched out.

"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Sir Winston Churchill

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True, what do I know? I shouldn't be the one talking, I'm no the one who has studied both Judo and Boxing to compare.

"An enlightened man would offer a weary traveler a bed for the night, and invite him to share a civilized conversation over a bowl of... Cocoa Puffs."

well, i have. :P

Those who specialize in boxing tend to choose different comfort zones. Some choose to fight high and outside, while others choose low and inside, etc etc. More advanced fighters are able to change their game plan according to their opponent, but this is generally based on the fact they had sufficient time to review their opponent and understand his/her weaknesses.

Judoists also tend to choose different comfort zones. Judoists tend to specialize in an average of three techniques, mainly because, unlike a boxer, they don't often get the luxury of previewing video clips of their competition opponents. If those techniques find comfort when dealing with a specific boxer type, then the judoist will have the upper hand.

If we were to run on averages, i would say that a judoist has the innate advantage, in that if they get a boxer to press, the boxer is brought to the ground, and positioned out of their element.

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

Yes... I agree with thuggish.

When Im on the street I think that I have to watch out for low kicks

Have you ever seen a Thai boxer or a Kyokushinkai expert throw low kicks? If you have then you should know that Watching out for low kicks from people who are trained in how to properly do them is next to impossible. And after you feel one actually connect TRUST ME when I tell you that you won't want to feel another one. On the other hand a thai boxer would be weary of kicking a good judoka for obvious reasons.

Tapped out, knocked out, or choked out...Take your pick.

http://jujitsu4u.com/

http://www.combatwrestling.com/

http://gokor.com/

• 2 weeks later...

Gene Lebell beat a boxer back awhile ago. He choked him out. Go to google and type in boxing vs judo

The amateur shoots his hands out ferociously, but lacks any true power. A master is not so flamboyant, but his touch is as heavy as a mountain.