• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How do you find time to train, when you are teaching alot?

Hey Robin, 4 times a week training is great. 3 would surfice and you could get by on 2, with some personal training. Do you run your own dojo or teach at your sensei's? You should have atleast 1 chillout day a week.

You live in England, that is awesome!

Yeah, not just England but the garden of England!! Really there's not much "awesome" about England. Well, I suppose there probably is, you always tend to take for granted the things that you have in lfe don't you......

I keep asking God what I'm for and he tells me........."gee I'm not sure!"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I teach one adult class per week (wednesdays) at the dojo where I train, and 2 adult classes (Monday & Thursday) at my own dojo/club. I sometimes hold saturday afternoon classes too.

A majority of my own students want another training class, but with my schedule, I cannot offer it right now. Thanks for the advice. :)

"If it is not hard, it is not worth doing."

This is a serious problem now for me too. Especially when I was teaching classes for a master friend of mine. I found that I woul dteach class so much that i would not get a chance to practice especailly trying to balance that with college work. The master was realy traing me to become a teacher and open up my own school. That is his dream but I have other dreams like graduating college not opening my own school. I enjoy learning more than teaching. I went back to my original Master and we set it where I do all the physical training on my own which is not hard. Then go to his school like twice a month because of the drive and learn all the techniques that woul dbe taught in a month and go home and practice them with my other instructor friends and then go back next month review them and learn more. TH eonly agreement was i had to keep up with the physical training since i wasnt going ot a official class. this works out better fo rme because now I have th eoppurtunity to focus on the techniques I need more work on than the ones I do not.

Choi, Ji Hoon Instructor-

3rd Dan-Tae Kwon Do

3rd Dan Hapkido

International Haedong Gumdo Federation

Kyuk Too Ki (Korean Kickboxing/Streetfighting)

so are the remaining 4 days of the week your training days?

Yes, I train in open and weapons on tuesday, open on Wednesday, friday and saturday (saturdays have been hit and miss due to horseback riding lessons in the a.m.) :karate:

"If it is not hard, it is not worth doing."

Telsun's advice is primo!! Train with your students as much as possible. They will be more willing to do what you ask when they know that you will do it too. Keeps humility and ego in perspective for you and your students.

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

• 1 month later...

getting involved in the class is good, ie train with them, but you could have your back to some one, and not all teachers have eyes in the back of their heads.

time with family, triain, teaching and work take up all the time so just live it all to the best, oh done forget so sleep somewhere!!

:D

oliver willison

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I know it's tough when you own your own school. Try to get a little work out from time to time in your adult class. You should try to find someone in your school with potential to teach (high scool, college kid, possibly adult) and start training them. Then work it into your schedule to take 2 days off like Wed and Fri. Then join another well succeeded school in a different style. This way you get your workout, plus get exposed to different stlyes. And guess what? With that knowledge you can have seminars for your students($).