• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Whod do you think is youre worst enemy? Tall, short, unexperienced fighters etc?

For me, it has to be mostly the unexperienced fighters.

reasons:

They just charge at you without thinking twice and start throwing punches that mess up youre movements and rhythm.

They also arent disciplined which leads to going crazy and just swinging at you.

A disciplined fighter will most likely charge at you in a controlled manner and throw a kick or punch and then back out which is much easier, and there is a controlled rhythm with a controlled fighter.

What is your worst enemy?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Can't really say. Depends entirely on the person.
“Iron is full of impurities that weaken it; through forging, it becomes steel and is transformed into a razor-sharp sword. Human beings develop in the same fashion.” ~Morihei Ueshiba

I'm a good distance fighter (strong kicks, long punches), and can keep most people at a distance. People that come to close range quickly are the ones I need to look out for...[/u]

Currently: Kickboxing and variants.

Previously: Karate (Seido, Shotokan, Seidokan), Ju Jitsu, Judo, Aikido, Fencing.

personally i have trouble with boxers.

the sheer speed of their jabs really puts me off.

i had a session with a boxer on campus and he just jabbed to keep me out of my "comfortable" range.

every time i tried to close in, another jab pops up.

post count is directly related to how much free time you have, not how intelligent you are.

"When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite."

Drunken Monkey, if youre having trouble going in then you automatically have to thisnk of a different plan which mean, fake first then jump in there with a kick or whatever u want to use. Getting beat is the best thing for me because it makes me go home and just think of what i could have dont not to ge tbeat which makes you better. Also, start kicking to his body or lower half of the body first, when he gets the routine that every kick is going to the body thats when u go for the head and make that knock out move. There is numerous things that u can do differently, just keep thinking about new excape plans. Hope i helped.

Not to sound rude, but how is it that inexperienced fighters pose any challenge at all to a trained fighter? I understand the unpredictable nature of these people, but I have never felt it to be any type of challenge. You are trained not to charge the opponent, or swing wildly for a reason, IT MAKES YOU VULNERABLE.

a skilled fighter in any art is going to be a challenge. An unexperienced figher I would rather fight anyday.

because they will telegraph their moves, they have not been taught properly how to strike and probably how to take a blow.

Kick them in the knees/groin. Remember to move about yourself. Never ever get too stationary.

you sound inexperienced yourself. anyone going crazy and swinging/ charging is only going to intimidate a beginner. Get practising and you will feel better

I 'fear' the unknown - i.e someone you don't know what they will do or are capable of. Whether they have a hidden weapon / mates ready to back them up etc.

700 hours of official training. Injury finished me dammit!

1st Kyu Wado Ryu