• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Sorry, I don't know. I see no one else has replied so hmm... have you searched Google?

If you're asking because you've found a school that teaches it; I advise you to call and ask to watch and/or participate in a class. Most schools will let you do that, and if they won't, I'd avoid them.

Good luck. :up:

“Iron is full of impurities that weaken it; through forging, it becomes steel and is transformed into a razor-sharp sword. Human beings develop in the same fashion.” ~Morihei Ueshiba

Jow Gar, a combination of Hung Gar and Choy Gar, that's why there is a saying "Hung Tao Choy Mei", start with Hung ends with Choy.

The system is less than 100 yrs old, founded by Zhou Long and his 4 brothers. Also another southern wushu style kungfu includes fist routines, weapon routines, combat techniques and lastly, the Jow Gar Lion Dance art.

• 1 year later...

yeah, i've heard of it.

the guys who do it are not ma professionals, although his lion head dragon dance is featured in several jackie chan flicks and has been used for new years celebrations in china.

i've not heard of that other guy someone else mentioned.

Ah! Mantis Grasshopper, i think you would do very nicely on a bowl of rice!

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

the sifu name there is hoy lee. he is the most senior master in america for jow ga. i think for your area, he would be the best choice (i havent been in hampton/vb in 10 years, but last time i was there, )

maybe you should try it for a few months.