• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

McGregor vs Chandler

UFC 303 is two months from the day of this posting, and tickets went on sale over the weekend. If you want floor seats it will cost you up to 14k per seat. I've seen Super Bowl tickets that were cheaper, and this is not even a title fight. CRAZY. If you just want to be there and are willing to sit in the upper deck all you need is about 1,700 dollars, not including fees and taxes. So if you have an extra couple grand sitting around and don't mind the nose bleeds, you can attend this event at the "bargain prices."

Personally, I would never spend that much to attend a sporting event, but there are enough people who will so the prices keep up with the demand.

Also, I don't understand the obsession with Connor McGregor. Why is he so popular? Because he is a loudmouth trash talker? I am newer to the UFC so maybe I missed it?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea why McGregor is so popular. He definitely has an effective team on his side especially with his social media. He does have a nice MMA record of 22-6 with very effective striking He's a lot of controversies from driving offenses to alleged sex assault; perhaps he's considered by many as the bad-boy of the MMA. After all, he'll fight anyone, and fans love that about him

People love a bad-boy for many reasons, and with his gift a trash talking, which has earned him the name The Notorious, it's no real surprise how he has endeared himself with his fans, which definitely fueled his marketability and star power.

I'm just guessing as to the real reasons as to why he's so popular. Doesn't hurt his popularity at all that he starred in Road House as a bad-boy.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

I have no idea why McGregor is so popular. He definitely has an effective team on his side especially with his social media. He does have a nice MMA record of 22-6 with very effective striking He's a lot of controversies from driving offenses to alleged sex assault; perhaps he's considered by many as the bad-boy of the MMA. After all, he'll fight anyone, and fans love that about him

People love a bad-boy for many reasons, and with his gift a trash talking, which has earned him the name The Notorious, it's no real surprise how he has endeared himself with his fans, which definitely fueled his marketability and star power.

I'm just guessing as to the real reasons as to why he's so popular. Doesn't hurt his popularity at all that he starred in Road House as a bad-boy.

So he is playing the villain? If he gets people to hate him, they will watch just to see him lose. That is the same thing Colby Covington does to sell fights.

So he is playing the villain? If he gets people to hate him, they will watch just to see him lose. That is the same thing Colby Covington does to sell fights.

Yes!!

I believe his net worth of $300M attests for the fact that he's so darn popular as the MMA bad boy. Perhaps the real reason why McGregor is so popular is that people want to see what he'll say/do next.

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Yes!!

I believe his net worth of $300M attests for the fact that he's so darn popular as the MMA bad boy. Perhaps the real reason why McGregor is so popular is that people want to see what he'll say/do next.

*music* bad boys bad boys what ya gonna do? What ya gonna do when they come for you?

Connor McGregor answers: "Become super famous and get 300 million dollars." :rofl2:

What a world! :lol: :lol:

He does a good job of it - plus the UFC used him as a route into the Irish market (both in Ireland and those of Irish extraction in the US) which made them tonnes of money.

Personally i can't stand him. Totally abhorrent attitude. I remember an interview he gave years ago about why he got into martial arts in the first place (he was a plumber i think at the time) and his answer was "it gave me confidence when i hit on mens girlfriends that i could beat them up in a fight!".

I have always found it amusing that he has never defended a belt he has won, from Cage Warriors all the way to the UFC. Other than Khabib he has also very carefully cherry picked his fights which is why i am surprised he has agreed to Chandler. Chad Mendes caused him a lot of problems years ago with his wrestling and i think Chandler's is better. It's his gas tank that is the issue but maybe fighting at 170lbs, and not having to massively cut weight, will help him deal with that.

I had a feeling that they were building up to feeding McGregor to Khamzat to build him into an ever bigger star but his train seems to have stalled out a little due to the visa issues etc

• 1 month later...

Rumors swirling around the internet over the past week about the fight and if it is still on. As of now the fight will go on as scheduled, less than three weeks out.

With the cost of the tickets and, for those out of town, the hassle and cost of traveling to Vegas for this event, it would be extremely frustrating if the fight were to be cancelled or postponed just days before it took place. That is always a risk you taken when you travel for a sporting event or concert, ect, that if the gets called off you can't get reimbursement for your plane tickets, hotel rooms, and what not.

I do hope it goes ahead. If it doesn't due to McGregor pulling out etc. then i really hope that the UFC sort Chandler out - he has given up a lot of time in his career now to chasing the McGregor fight

Dana White has announced that McGregor is out of 303 with an injury. The new main event is Alex Pereira vs. Jiri Prochazka.

As of this posting there has been no announcement by the UFC of if/when the fight will be rescheduled.