• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

favoured training gadget

MunkyBoy

hey there - christmas is coming and i dont know what to write on my wishlist and i thought i might need some machine that helps me in training.

is there any training machine that you have made good experiences with? something that helps me develope good kicks/punches would be great, and at a not so high price of possible ;)

a link to a picture + prescription would be ok. or your personal experiences would be even better.

thanks in advance.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I don't know much about training gadgets and expect lost here don't use them.

To me the best training is done with the pretty standard equipment. Heavy bags and time put in. Gadgets might add some spark to the repetition though.

I am looking for some good books/videos on sparring techniques myself for xmas. :-)

43 Years old

Blue Belt (7th Kyu) Shorin-ryu

Roberts Karate

I think the heavy bag is probably the most important piece of equipment that a martial artist can have. If it's of the kind that stands on the floor, it can even be used to stretch with, or lean your weight on to keep your balance and do resistance drills with your legs, so it's pretty versatile. Oh, and handwraps.

Stretching machines can be nice, but they eliminate the best half of the stretch...laying down on your stomach.

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.