• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Any Hapkido people?

Is there anyone here that trains Hapkido from a Hapkido dojang? I know that alot of TKD dojangs show some techniques. The dojang that I train at is only Hapkido. We do not have forms, only techniques.

Brett

The Hand is quicker than the eye!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have trained in hapkido in HAWAII and in TEXAS and currently hold a 1st dan in hapkido. i am a member of the TEXAS HAPKIDO ASSOCIATION ( MASTER JOHN M. SO). currently there is no hapkido schools or clubs close to my area that i know of, so i'm currently assiting TKD at a comminity center here in south florida.

we look forward to your views and insight here.

humble regards with a bow

:nod:

rushman (karate forums sensei)

3rd dan wtf/kukkiwon

"saying nothing...sometimes says the most"--e. dickerson

instructor of both taekwondo and hapkido.....welcome hapkidodude..and party on garth..(just kidding) :eek: :eek: :eek:

Javier l Rosario

instructor taekwondo/hapkido

under master Atef s Himaya

"whenever youre lazy enough not to train .someone, somewhere is training very hard to kick your *"

Hi Hapkidodude, I'd love to train in hapkido but there's nothing close by. One of my instructors in the UofM club trained in hapkido and showed me a few moves after class. My favorite one is where they start by grabing your wrists, you go up and over their hands to break the hold, grab their uniform and yank them down, twist around behind their back and choke them with their own shirt. Man that was fun. :brow:

"Jita Kyoei" Mutual Benefit and Welfare

• 2 weeks later...

just recently i have discovered a combat hapkido school in my area. this club specializes in paracombative skills with techniques such as deflecting and evading, joint manipulation, pressure points, grappling, and the traditional hapkido throwing and sweeps. i am going to check out a couple of classes and talk with the instructor. i will fill everyone in after i see if they are legit.

rushman (karate forums sensei)

3rd dan wtf/kukkiwon

"saying nothing...sometimes says the most"--e. dickerson

no baby....steffe that is... its is a style i would compare with akido and jiujitsu..very good for self defense... :wink:

Javier l Rosario

instructor taekwondo/hapkido

under master Atef s Himaya

"whenever youre lazy enough not to train .someone, somewhere is training very hard to kick your *"

I have never done it but i have a freind who has done it b4 for a bit. :smile:

"You need emotianal content, not anger!"

Bruce Lee (Li) - Enter The Dragon.

"Water is the softest substance in the world, and yet it is the hardest, it can penotrate the hardest rock or cliff, and it is insubstantial, by this i mean it c

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, all.

I just found this site and wanted to say hello. I train in Hapkido in Connecticut. We only have forms after black belt and for weapons. Other that that it's all "hands on." :smile:

Take care

Chris LaCava

Jung Ki Kwan of Connecticut

"Man is born soft and supple,

in death he is hard and rigid..." LaoTzu