• advertisement_alt

Why did you get into Martial Arts

Why are you into Martial Arts?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Why are you into Martial Arts?

• To learn self defense
    • To get/stay in shape(good excersize)
    • For self confidence, good self image
    • To reach a goal, to overcome the challenges of the MA.
    • Because it is cool stuff to be in, brag about being in.
    • To show off to all my friends
    • Because I like Bruce Lee, Steven Segal and Chuck Norris movies
    • Other, please explain below:
    • Other, please explain below:

Why did you get into Martial Arts, or why do you stay in Martial Arts, pick whichever you feel applies most to you.

Kung Fu - Orange Sash *Last attended 1998

Tetsu Hei(MMA) - White Belt

Aikido - White Belt

Ju-Jitsu - White Belt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I had to put "other" because about the first three all apply.

Yep, bad thing about the way these polls work, they won't let you vote for more than one.

Aikido - White Belt

Ju-Jitsu - White Belt

Well I'm not in it just quite yet. Theres really two reasons. To lose weight. I've been overweight for my entire life, and I've just grown sick of it. I want to lose my weight in a constructive manner. And to me learning a new skill like karate would be constructive.

The second reason is because I just want to take karate. I mean the whole thing fascinates me. The moves, the history, the views on spirtuality everything.

Unfortunatley I have to wait till May 12 to take my first class, plus I'm in a hang up on whcich style I shoudl study. My two choices are shudokan and shotokan.

White Belt- Shudokan Karate

Whether most admit it or not, they probably enjoy MA for at least a little bit of all of the above.

I origionally got into it for Self Defense. My first class I didn't even know it was to be MA, it was advertised as Self Defense, that is all. Turned out to be very good techniques and now I'm hooked and want to learn more and more.

Now, the leading reason is excersize! Every year it gets harder and harder to get/keep the weight off, and I seem to be slowing down more and more. Hoping getting back into MA will motivate me to workout more.

Aikido - White Belt

Ju-Jitsu - White Belt

I've just always had an interest in martial arts and had to start somewhere. It wasn't for any particular reason other than it looked fun to me.

Aki Jujitsu - White Belt

Ketto Ryu Jujutsu - White Belt

You list two different Jujitsu, what is the difference in the styles???

Aikido - White Belt

Ju-Jitsu - White Belt

I started because I can't remember a time in my life when I didn't want to start martial arts.

I remember when I was little my dad had a friend who studied judo, karate and kickboxing. He was seriously into his martial arts and so were his sons. Anyway, they visited my house quite a few times and used to demonstrate their martial arts to my dad. I used to just be amazed.

My dad used to box and he'd tried judo (although only for a few lessons) and he used to show me boxing and judo stuff jokilly as a kid when we were having a carry on and just playing around.

Anyway, I grew up desperate to learn martial arts and my parents (more specifically my mum) refused to let me. She was afraid that I'd get hurt or turn into a bully, I suppose.

Still, I'm here now and if was worth the wait :D

Smile. It makes people wonder what you've been up to.