• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Starting a DOJO

Just wandering aside from the buisness stuff, what rank do you need have your own DOJO, as far as I know a Sensai is 3rd dan and above so I'm guesing you can only have your own karate club if your a 3rd dan, if so how long does it take after you have reached first dan to get to 3rd dan?

Thanks for your replys.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

You can have a dojo at any rank

"You Are Never Given A Dream Without Also Being Given The Power To Make It True. You May Have To Work For It, However"

Principal Kobudo Instructor & Owner

West Yorkshire Kobudo Academy

2nd Kyu (Matayoshi Okinawan Kobudo, IOKA UK)

You can have a dojo at any rank

"You Are Never Given A Dream Without Also Being Given The Power To Make It True. You May Have To Work For It, However"

Principal Kobudo Instructor & Owner

West Yorkshire Kobudo Academy

2nd Kyu (Matayoshi Okinawan Kobudo, IOKA UK)

Rank does not matter but honestly do not try it if you are not a black belt.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

KickChick, interesting article, I guess he's trying to filter out the people who haven't got it to open their own dojo.

It takes sacrifice to be the best.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

You could start it at any rank, but you would not get a good customer basis unless your a black belt. Or a brazilian jujitsu instructor :lol:

In my particular school one thing they do not want is anyone to start a school below the rank of black belt. It is not set in stone though so I think you could start one anytime if you liked.

:nod:

I would say shodan, but then you can't really promote people to your level. No one will reach there shodan until you reach your next belt. :karate:

It's what you put into it...

1st kyu-Okinawa Shorin Ryu Matsumura Seito Federation

• 3 months later...