side kick

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive always heard that its supposted to be sideways!!!

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"

Hi Kicker and welcome! Babysteffee, kicker is right - your foot should be sideways. Your entire body should be in a straight line and you should be flexing from your glutes all the way down to your heel in order to make that straight line. Try to kinda lock your leg into position by turning your hip, thus turning your leg inward. I love the side kick, especially leading cause it's super fast!

Lori :grin:

If you think something small cannot make a difference - try going to sleep with a mosquito in the room.

-Unknown-

welcome KICKER......... :wave:

BABYsweetie............yes to the side using the blade or heel of the foot...for practice; hold on to a chair or wall, bring your knee to chest and extend the leg ........slowly at first to get the proper body mechanics then faster for muscle memory.

rushman (taekwondo moderator)

3rd dan

wtf/kukkiwon

[ This Message was edited by: iamrushman on 2001-09-18 19:31 ]

rushman (karate forums sensei)

3rd dan wtf/kukkiwon

"saying nothing...sometimes says the most"--e. dickerson

Also,,,You can use your side kick with the sole/heel part of your foot as a stop kick..

Example....You are on your guard with your right leg lead.. when your oponent is going to kick you.. you can move your left leg forward as you lift your right leg's knee, and hit your oponent with a stop kick on his stomach or thight while he have his leg up, and he will fall on the floor.. That have worked for me a lot of times. lol I hope i explain myself well. lol

Thanks.

One of the tips I tell my students is to turn their chests somewhat to face the floor almost say 80%. When lifting leg to execute kick, tuck knee close to body aiming at back lefthand corner of room..(this closes up your hips and aligns your leg perfectly to target with toes pointing downward and foot bladed). Do not lean too far back or you will topple over...keep upper body held up as high as you can and lead arm extended parallel to leg for balance and other arm across chest for block or attack.

Practice tension side kicks and then work to snap out the kicks....the farther up you bring the knee the more snap and height on the extension on driving that heel/outside ridge of foot to target.

:wave: ...keep practicing babysteffee!

Deby