• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Loose weight first or just go for it?

[size=6][/size]Hey everyone, I am new here, and I'm also gonna start kickboxing training next week. My question is, I'm a chuncky guy annd I need to loose a lot of weight, but I also don't want to waste any more time, and i wanna train already. thing is does anybody suggest that i loose the weight first and then start Training, or will everything just fall into place, and the weight will just come of WITH the training?

Thanx for any advice!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Welcome kirby! (Please stop by our Introductions Forum and do tell us more about you! I know that you're new so I placed your post in our brand-spanking new forum here! Hope you can find some other tips here also.

I somewhat agree with the others.... I have no idea how "chunky" you are, your age, etc. etc. so I can only offer a suggestion or 2 or 3 or....

To burn fat, you need to be doing aerobic exercise ... and you will be getting that from your kickboxing classes I'm sure. But what you will find is that you are going to get mighty winded in the beginning. May I suggest you start walking/jogging a bit to work on your cardio endurance to at least get you through your class.

You have made a start in the right direction but please don't think that your martial arts training is going to be a cure-all for that weight problem of yours. You need to look at your diet .. (I didn't say d-i-e-t) look at what you eat nutrition-wise. Less calories. Cut down on excesssive carbs, fats and sweets. Don't eliminate them all ... moderation.

Lots of tips in our Health & Fitness Forum .... take a look through all the threads, I'm sure you'll find lots of tips.

Good Luck ... and do come back and post how your week week went (don't judge the first class) And please give the weight some time to come off ... . I'm sure it didn't get there overnight!

I say start right up. I was not exactly a light weight when I started. You will gradually tone up and lose weight by training. The important thing is to start gradually and not overdo it then as your body develops you can push yourself harder. It will not be easy it is a lot of hard work and dedication. But IMO I feel it is worth it!!!! :up:

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.

I agree with KickChick cardio will help you both in class and out. It's amazing how good you'll feel after around 2 weeks worth of cardio and eating right.

For an easy way to start cutting those calories drink water instead of soda. Not a sports drink either (except for during and right after working out). Try to drink around a Gallon a day.

Enjoy kickboxing!

The Yak

"Patience is the key to understanding"

"The man who is first is often last"

::edit:: Edited by Bon

It takes sacrifice to be the best.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

Don't waste time losing weight, when you can lose weight and learn how to fight at the same time!

But seriously though, being a little chunky might have it's disadvantages at first. At my place there's a lot of overweight begginers, so size shouldn't be too much of a problem. Just do it!

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, for the most essential things are invisible to the eye.

Get in there and start moving! You'll be amazed in just a short time what dieting and MA training combined will do for your overall health.

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.